What is Terrapin Express?
Terrapin Express is a pre-paid debit account that can be used at participating locations across campus.
It's a convenient way for students, faculty, staff, and university affiliates to access products and services across campus without carrying cash.
How Terrapin Express Works:
- Terrapin Express is paid in advance and can not be placed on the Bursar bill.
- Terrapin Express funds are not dedicated to Dining Services. Many on-campus businesses accept Terrapin Express. Terrapin Express points are not available off-campus.
- Terrapin Express funds are available until the student graduates or requests a refund. Requests for refunds or cancellation must be made in person or in writing to the Terrapin Express Contract Office. Processing time for refunds is a minimum of four weeks. By request, refunds are sent via mail from the Bursar's Office to the student's permanent address (after the account is closed in the Contract Office).
- Terrapin Express can be increased at any time and by any amount. It can be increased on line, by mail, by phone, or in person at our Terrapin Express Office.
- Terrapin Express account balances automatically carry over to each new semester, term, or academic year.
Locations where you can use Terrapin Express
- Applause - Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- Breakpoint - Brenden Iribe Center
- Food for Thought - Edward St. John Teaching And Learning Center
- Footnotes - McKeldin Library
- IDEA Central - IDEA Factory
- Quantum - Physical Science Complex
- Rudy's - Van Munching Hall
- Sneaker's - Eppley Recreation Center
- The Turn - UMD Golf Course Clubhouse
- North Campus Market - Ellicott Community Center
- South Campus Market - South Campus Dining Hall
- Union Shop - STAMP Student Union
- Engage - ESJ Teaching And Learning Center
- Mulligan’s Grill and Pub - UMD Golf Course
- Hibachi San
- Maryland Dairy
- Moby Freestyle
- Subway - In the TerpZone
- The Coffee Bar
- Panda Express
Kirwin Food Court
- E+M Cafe
- Taco Bell Express
Below you'll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about Terrapin Express
Three ways to check your balance:
- Online at Terrapin Express
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068
- Ask any cashier for your balance or for a receipt
Three ways to activate your Terrapin Express account or add funds:
- Make a credit card deposit by accessing Terrapin Express
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. to make a credit card deposit
- Stop by the Terrapin Express Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. with a check, cash or credit card
- Terrapin Express is not accepted anywhere off-campus
- Cannot be billed through a Student Account. Paid for at the time of purchase
- Not a substitute for a resident dining plan
- Request a refund or cancellation in person or in writing to the Terrapin Express Office
- Refunds are mailed from the Bursar’s Office to the student’s permanent address
- Processing time is four weeks
Two ways to report a lost or stolen card:
- Use Online Services to deactivate your card
- Visit us at the Terrapin Express Office, 1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level
We will freeze your purchasing accounts. This does not affect other functions of the card. Be sure to disable those separately. The University assumes no responsibility for charges to your account prior to your notifying us. To get a replacement ID card, go to the Mitchell Building during regular business hours.